Course of the competition, important dates and prizes
- The jury will first assess all entries and select three compositions for the final. The finalists will be informed on Monday 7 November 2022.
- The finalists will be asked to attend a rehearsal on the day before the finals evening to work on the composition together with the conductor and the orchestra. The jury members will be present at this rehearsal. Each finalist will have one hour to work with the orchestra. Documented travel expenses will be reimbursed by the organization. Accommodation expenses are to be borne by the composer.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Entry deadline: Sunday 23 October 2022
- Announcement of the results of the first round: Monday 7 November 2022
- Finals weekend: 12 – 14 May 2023
- At the finals evening, the jury will award three prizes:
- First prize worth 8,000 Euros
- Second prize worth 4,000 Euros
- Third prize worth 2,000 Euros
An audience award worth 1,500 Euros will also be awarded.